From page 7 of the Mill Creek Elementary Handbook
In addition to sending your child on the school bus, we provide three other ways to drop your child off at school.
(1) You can go through the car drop off line where staff members will open the car door for your child and help them on their way in a safe manner. All drop-offs should be made at the sidewalk in the car line and not in the parking lot. Children will not be allowed to cross the drop-off line unattended.
(2) You may park your car in the parking lot in front of the cafeteria and walk your child into school. You will be given a parent pass by our safety patrol when you enter the school. Please remember this is not the time to have a teacher/parent meeting as our teachers are on duty during this time.
(3) After 7:35 you can go through the bus line, park your car, and then escort your child to the front door of the school.
(4) Students are not to be dropped off before 7:00am.
(5) The instructional day begins at 7:50 am. Thus, if you escort your child to the classroom, you will need to leave by 7:50 am.
**If you bring your child after 7:50 a.m., the parent/guardian must check their child in through the front office.
For your child’s safety, it is necessary that we know how students get home each afternoon. Teachers will keep a list of the usual way a student gets home. If different arrangements are needed, please make them in the mornings before sending your child to school. For the safety of your children, we do not accept transportation changes (this includes bus changes) over the phone except in an extreme emergency. This means your child needs a signed note indicating how your child will be getting home.
We need your cooperation to provide a safe and efficient method of pick-up for car riders in the afternoon. In addition to sending your child on the school bus, you may pick your child up from the car line. We use 2 lanes of traffic for the car pick up line. For safety reasons our staff escorts each child to their car. Insist that your child be attentive while waiting for you so that he/she will know when you have arrived. We should not have to look for children while traffic is held up. They should notify the nearest adult to be walked to your car. Be sure your child understands that he is to listen and cooperate with monitors at the pick-up area.If you want to get out of your car, you may park in the parking lot (in a parking spot ONLY) and walk up to “walk up” area across from the school side of the curb. An adult will walk your child to you. Please do not walk across the road or wait for your child in the lobby.
Children must be picked up on time (by 2:45pm). If parents who are picking up children are habitually late, proper authorities will be notified.
Students who walk home will be escorted to the edge of campus. They are to go directly home.